- Telecom: We are all aware of the telecom growth story of India.Some estimates suggest that 3 million new telephone connections are being given out every month. Cellular phone services are booming and prices are dirt cheap.
- Road Transportation :Traveling between cities has considerably improved. The golden quadrilateral project though behind schedule has connected some of the key cities in India.It is estimated that average speeds have increased by almost 50%.
- Air Travel: Air Travel has seen a big boom in India. A large number of private airlines now operate in India and prices of air travel has fallen. Airports are being renovated and frequencies of flights have improved.
- Railways : Indian Railways was a loss making institution till a few years ago. Now it is estimated to have a surplus of almost Rs 20,000 crore (Rs 200 billion). The frequencies of trains have improved but fares have not increased. The stations are being privatized leading to better service and cleanliness. People are booking railway tickets using their cell phones or the internet.
- Power :Power in India used to be a bankrupt sector. Nowdays, one-third of the state electricity boards now make cash profits, and almost all the rest break even. Power upgrades are being planned throughout the country.
We should take pride on what India has achieved using a democratic process with unique challenges such as coalition politics , poverty and a huge population; challenges that no country possess!