- He has been the former head of the ISI (Pakistan Intelligence Services).
- His Colleagues say Kiyani is more knowledgeable about al-Qaeda than any other army general.
- He oversaw troops during the standoff with India after the attack on the Indian parliament. Insiders say it was his expert handling of the situation, and his constant contact with the Indian command that kept the eight-month stand-off from becoming an outright war.
- He is said to have good relations with some of the country’s civilian political leaders, including former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto.
- Those who know Kiyani say he’s smart, tough, talented — and pro-Western.
It is a known fact that